Successful stamping in Vancouver April 3rd

bharath1815

Hello Folks,

I had my visa stamping today in Vancouver and it all went well.

Interesting part is, I am from a non IT educational back ground and I was kinda skeptical in justifying my current IT job nature with education.

Here's how my interview went,

Interviewer: What's your purpose of visit to USA?

Me: I work in US.

Interviewer: Who do you work for?

Me: XXX client

Interviewer: Do you have an end client?

Me: Yes, XXX is my end client

Interview: What's your highest educational qualification?

Me: MS in Industrial Engg.

Interview: Bachelor's?

Me: Mechanical

Interviewer: How you're working in IT coming from non IT back ground?

Me: (As I was trying to justify that by conveying that I have some IT related mandatory courses in Bachelor's and Masters, she didn't hear me out and asked for my I-129. All she wanted to check is how I was given H1-B Visa in the first place.)

Interview: Okay, your visa has been approved.

From my experience, all non IT folks be prepared with some better answer to convince them and make sure your I-129 has all supported documents.

All the best,

Bharath 

Hello Folks,

I had my visa stamping today in Vancouver and it all went well.

Interesting part is, I am from a non IT educational back ground and I was kinda skeptical in justifying my current IT job nature with education.

Here's how my interview went,

Interviewer: What's your purpose of visit to USA?

Me: I work in US.

Interviewer: Who do you work for?

Me: XXX client

Interviewer: Do you have an end client?

Me: Yes, XXX is my end client

Interview: What's your highest educational qualification?

Me: MS in Industrial Engg.

Interview: Bachelor's?

Me: Mechanical

Interviewer: How you're working in IT coming from non IT back ground?

Me: (As I was trying to justify that by conveying that I have some IT related mandatory courses in Bachelor's and Masters, she didn't hear me out and asked for my I-129. All she wanted to check is how I was given H1-B Visa in the first place.)

Interview: Okay, your visa has been approved.

From my experience, all non IT folks be prepared with some better answer to convince them and make sure your I-129 has all supported documents.

All the best,

Bharath 

Congrats Bharath for successful stamping, Can you please let me know how long it took to get the PA date.

I am trying for Vancouver BC and as of today system is showing latest appointment availability  09-July-2014.

Hello keti2112,

Once the interview was completed successfully, we go back to same url where we booked us visa appointment, to check the status, right? Do we need to register somewhere? Under appointment information section, mine says "you've no available appointments".

Also, where and how long are you staying in Vancouver. If possible we can share accommodation. Let me know.

Thanks!

Hi,

You go to https://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/ to check Way bill Number.

I also see the same thing but once Waybill is generated you will see the number below "Date of Birth".

You can also chech the Visa status at https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx, there it is showing "Issued" at this time. I am expecting the waybill number to be generated by Monday.

I am at Days Inn near consulate.

Ketki

• 5 weeks later...

Archived