H4 dependent travelling with My Previous employer based H4 VISA

sunnykot

Hi

My Family will be travelling To US end of this month on H4 Visa with my present employer and their visa is valid upto 2015.

Now i am getting Job offer with new company.Can i change the job now ?.If my new employer files H1B in normal processing, H1B may not be approved and i might get receipt number.

Can my family come with my old I-797 and H4 Visa ? Do they can face any issue in POE ?

Mean time can i work for new employer with new H1B receipt ?

Please suggest. 

Hi

My Family will be travelling To US end of this month on H4 Visa with my present employer and their visa is valid upto 2015.

Now i am getting Job offer with new company.Can i change the job now ?.If my new employer files H1B in normal processing, H1B may not be approved and i might get receipt number.

Can my family come with my old I-797 and H4 Visa ? Do they can face any issue in POE ?

Mean time can i work for new employer with new H1B receipt ?

Please suggest. 

Even though it is within law that you can start working for new employer based on receipt notice it will be wise to wait for approval. What would be your status when H1B with new employer gets denied and old employer revokes your H1B petition?

Your family can travel with a valid H4 visa and a copy of your I797. 

Archived