Changed employer,applying H4 for Spouse

H1bUse

Hi All , 

I was working with Company A for which petition and Visa is till Sep 2014. However I changed my employer from Company A to B in Dec 2013. Traveled to India for 2 weeks vacation in Feb 2014 and came back, did NOT go to stamping as my visa is Valid till Sep 2014. Now I am travelling to India again in June 2014 for my marriage and will be applying H4 visa for my wife. 

Do I also need to go for stamping ? I heard I need not go as my visa is valid till Sep 2014 and since I am coming back to US in JUne 2014 itself so doesnt need stamping. Is this correct ?

One of the document for applying H4 is, photo copy of valid visa of H1B candidate. My worry is since my visa will carry the name of my previous employer and I have not gone thru visa stamping after changing the employer since it is valid till sep 2014. DO I need to apply H1b stamping or not is the question

Hi All , 

I was working with Company A for which petition and Visa is till Sep 2014. However I changed my employer from Company A to B in Dec 2013. Traveled to India for 2 weeks vacation in Feb 2014 and came back, did NOT go to stamping as my visa is Valid till Sep 2014. Now I am travelling to India again in June 2014 for my marriage and will be applying H4 visa for my wife. 

Do I also need to go for stamping ? I heard I need not go as my visa is valid till Sep 2014 and since I am coming back to US in JUne 2014 itself so doesnt need stamping. Is this correct ?

One of the document for applying H4 is, photo copy of valid visa of H1B candidate. My worry is since my visa will carry the name of my previous employer and I have not gone thru visa stamping after changing the employer since it is valid till sep 2014. DO I need to apply H1b stamping or not is the question

Yes, you are correct.

Your spouse needs a copy of your I797 and marriage certificate.

Archived