H1 B Visa Stamping

Hi,

I worked at a client in State A between Feb 2012 and Oct 2012. Starting from  Nov 2012 I worked at a different client in State B. However, my employer did not change the LCAfrom State A to State B when I started to work in State B.

When I asked my employer why the state taxes are still paid to State A instead of State B, I was told that he is going to change from coming April 1st 2014. So they have not registered with the State B. But they are trying to register with the State B after I raised the issue.

For those months in 2013 my taxes are paid to State A instead of State B. My 2013 W2 has only State A.

I am planning to get my H1-B stamped by end of may 2014.

I have rented an apartment since I moved to State B , have my driving license of State B, have my cars registered in State B, have my passport renewed in STATE B. everything that I have to do was done for STATE B except the lCA by my employer has filed showed state A so to make this consistent I filed my taxes this year for state A.

Question:

1. Does the state i live and work different from the state taxes witheld in W2 pose a problem in my H1-B visa stamping?

2. If the VO asks why W2 has State A even though I live and work in State B, can I explain about my consultancy not registered in State abd currently in the proces of registering in State B?

Please let me know your thoughs. Thank you.

Question:

1. Does the state i live and work different from the state taxes witheld in W2 pose a problem in my H1-B visa stamping?

2. If the VO asks why W2 has State A even though I live and work in State B, can I explain about my consultancy not registered in State abd currently in the proces of registering in State B?

1. You need to pay the state tax where your reside

2. That leads to 221g.

Your employer didn't file for amendment when you changed your client. That's the root cause for this issue and you are in trouble bcos of your employer's greed.

Find another employer and go for H1 transfer.

Hi,

I worked at a client in State A between Feb 2012 and Oct 2012. Starting from  Nov 2012 I worked at a different client in State B. However, my employer did not change the LCAfrom State A to State B when I started to work in State B.

When I asked my employer why the state taxes are still paid to State A instead of State B, I was told that he is going to change from coming April 1st 2014. So they have not registered with the State B. But they are trying to register with the State B after I raised the issue.

For those months in 2013 my taxes are paid to State A instead of State B. My 2013 W2 has only State A.

I am planning to get my H1-B stamped by end of may 2014.

I have rented an apartment since I moved to State B , have my driving license of State B, have my cars registered in State B, have my passport renewed in STATE B. everything that I have to do was done for STATE B except the lCA by my employer has filed showed state A so to make this consistent I filed my taxes this year for state A.

Question:

Please let me know your thoughs. Thank you.

You would need an amended LCA and H1B petition to get a H1B visa. First get that done before you think about possible questions from VO.

Archived