Attending H1b visa interview without I797

Kumar2511

I have got my H1b amendment approved in Dec 2013. Employer/attorney have not received neither original approval notice nor courtesy copy yet. We have already raised two service requests but no luck. Only update we have received is an email from USCIS stating that petition got approved with validity and I 94 number. 

Is it okay to go for visa stamping in canada with this email printout ? Has anyone heard of this unusual delay in receiving approval notice?

I have got my H1b amendment approved in Dec 2013. Employer/attorney have not received neither original approval notice nor courtesy copy yet. We have already raised two service requests but no luck. Only update we have received is an email from USCIS stating that petition got approved with validity and I 94 number. 

Is it okay to go for visa stamping in canada with this email printout ? Has anyone heard of this unusual delay in receiving approval notice?

You need your I797 when you appear for a visa interview at US consulate and at POE to enter US.

You need 797 for interview and also at POE.

Archived