Help : H1B valid petition from ex-employer and H1B transfer

dino1981

Hi All,

I have question , I am currently working on L1B for A company and I have a valid H1B petition from ex-employer (not revoked & not expired (valid for 6 more months) .

Lets say If I do H1B transfer to XYZ company and once its approved , Can I continue to work for my current employer A on L1B???

Pls clarify 

Much appreciate your response.

-Dino

Hi All,

I have question , I am currently working on L1B for A company and I have a valid H1B petition from ex-employer (not revoked & not expired (valid for 6 more months) .

Lets say If I do H1B transfer to XYZ company and once its approved , Can I continue to work for my current employer A on L1B???

Pls clarify 

-Dino

As long as it is not filed and approved as COS you can work for company A on L1B.

please consult a lawyer.

no, if you apply change of status from L1 to H1 and got your approval, you are no longer on L1 and not eligible to work for company A. you will need to work for company XYZ under H1.

you continue to be on L1 while H1 application is pending.

Hi All,

Pls clarify 

-Dino

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All ,

Much appreciated your reply , 

Here is my current scenario

I am on L1B visa and currently working XYZ company and they asked me go back to India in another 10 days.

As I mentioned I have valid H1B petition from ex-employer which is active and I found a project who are ready do H1 transfer with the ex-employer but they told i cant join untill H1 transfer is completed.

So lets say I quit my current job on 9th day with current XYZ company and meantime fill my H1 transfer in perimum processing , Can I stay in country for 5 - 7 days until its get approved???

Pls help 

Hi All ,

Much appreciated your reply , 

Here is my current scenario

I am on L1B visa and currently working XYZ company and they asked me go back to India in another 10 days.

As I mentioned I have valid H1B petition from ex-employer which is active and I found a project who are ready do H1 transfer with the ex-employer but they told i cant join untill H1 transfer is completed.

So lets say I quit my current job on 9th day with current XYZ company and meantime fill my H1 transfer in perimum processing , Can I stay in country for 5 - 7 days until its get approved???

Pls help 

Even though you are out of status a few days will not matter. But, if your cap exempt H1B petition will be filed after last day with L1B employer then your H1B petition will be approved without I94.

Archived