Green Card Processing - Indian Spouse

I am a Nepalese Citizen marrying an Indian. My wife has an Indian Citizenship. I am currently on my H1b and my company will be filing for my Green Card.

I have seen that citizen from Nepal get their green card processed faster and has shorter wait time.

If I apply for the Green card for my wife, will her green card be processed along with me, which means she has to comparatively wait for shorter time period ?...Or does she have to wait for long time because of her Indian nationality ?

Is it a better option to have her switch to Nepalese Citizenship before applying for the Greencard?..Or it does not matter, since I'll be the primary applicant, and her's get processed along with me ?

any suggestions, thought, ideas appreciated.

I am a Nepalese Citizen marrying an Indian. My wife has an Indian Citizenship. I am currently on my H1b and my company will be filing for my Green Card.

I have seen that citizen from Nepal get their green card processed faster and has shorter wait time.

If I apply for the Green card for my wife, will her green card be processed along with me, which means she has to comparatively wait for shorter time period ?...Or does she have to wait for long time because of her Indian nationality ?

Is it a better option to have her switch to Nepalese Citizenship before applying for the Greencard?..Or it does not matter, since I'll be the primary applicant, and her's get processed along with me ?

any suggestions, thought, ideas appreciated.

Moving her to Nepalese citizenship does not matter as you are the primary applicant. She can stay as Indian citizen. Also, processing is based on the country of birth and not on citizenship.

Archived