Request for information on MRV Fees for Visa Stamping

adipra

Hello,

I am planning to get my H1B visa stamping either in Canada or Jamaica. While I was planning to seek an appointment couple of days ago in Vancouver, I found one available on April 25th for which I paid the fees (190 USD) and tried completing the process but the system never let me finish the appointment. It kept timing out at the last step as a result I lost the appointment.

Now, when I went back and looked up for the dates, I don't see any available in Vancouver until June(87 days is what it says). Hence, I thought I should go look up for a slot in Jamaica where I did find a date in April but while paying the fees, I was providing the MRV Fee Number (that I paid for Canada) and system doesn't understand nor takes it. It is asking me to pay the fees again.

Questions:

1. So, can some one please explain this situation of mine. Can we use the fee receipt paid in one consulate (Canada) to book an appointment in another country's consulate (Jamaica)?

2. If the answer is no, how do I pay the fees to Jamaican Consulate? Can I use my American credit cards?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Hello,

I am planning to get my H1B visa stamping either in Canada or Jamaica. While I was planning to seek an appointment couple of days ago in Vancouver, I found one available on April 25th for which I paid the fees (190 USD) and tried completing the process but the system never let me finish the appointment. It kept timing out at the last step as a result I lost the appointment.

Now, when I went back and looked up for the dates, I don't see any available in Vancouver until June(87 days is what it says). Hence, I thought I should go look up for a slot in Jamaica where I did find a date in April but while paying the fees, I was providing the MRV Fee Number (that I paid for Canada) and system doesn't understand nor takes it. It is asking me to pay the fees again.

Questions:

1. So, can some one please explain this situation of mine. Can we use the fee receipt paid in one consulate (Canada) to book an appointment in another country's consulate (Jamaica)?

2. If the answer is no, how do I pay the fees to Jamaican Consulate? Can I use my American credit cards?

Please advise.

Thanks.

1. You cannot as the visa fee is tied to an US consulate of that country.

Archived