221G - Pink Slip - Chennai - June 2011 - Tracker

MJCET

Hi All

I am starting this thread to keep track of similar cases("as per subject line"). let me know if there is a thread already.

I have been to chennai consulate for H1B extension stamping on June 6th 2011. I was asked to show my w2(4 years) and H1B extension documentation. The VO told me that I qualify for the visa but gave a pink sheet for administrative processing. No further documents were asked. 12 weeks passed yet no update. Please post if you are/were in similar loop and how long did it took to get the visa.

In this situation do we need the pay stubs to be run continuously. Please advice what all I need to take care with respect to my employer/vendor.

Thanks

good to see June 2011 pink slip Chennai tracker. Hope to see many responses here.

I attended on June 7th and still waiting with a pink slip and no documents asked... clearance has become very very slow since the last 8 weeks... 95 days complete and just hoping it will end soon...

sooo much for a B1 Visa... surprises me...

@trio

Yeah I see that you also attended the VI on 7th..

I suddenly see things moving now. what had almost stalled has seen quick progress since last week.. you must have seen it too.. this is certainly good news but not being in the ISSUED list still is a cause of concern.

hope there is'nt another long pause before the last few cases are looked into.. this may be those 5-6 month wait cases that we see in other posts.

Mir,

I observed the following approvals last week for people waiting before June 6th.

12th Sept --- 5 approved

13th sept --- 17 approved

14th sept --- 24 approved

15th sept --- 28 approved.

I had big hopes for Friday and no list came out on Friday. Lets hope Monday list will be better and we all get our approvals. For a while it was slow, looks like they are working on pending cases now.

221gchennai6

I am still waiting

Date of Interview : 16th Aug 2011

Documents : Nothing taken just passport.

Questions Asked : Not much just work profile and then at counter 39 or whichever the last counter on my past experience and countries travelled. Passport taken.

Religion : Hindu ( if being NON MUSLIM makes a difference - sorry not being racial / casteist but heard cases handled differently )

What is taking them so long to issue our visas??? Tired of going through this predicament.

• 1 year later...

Mir,

I observed the following approvals last week for people waiting before June 6th.

12th Sept --- 5 approved

13th sept --- 17 approved

14th sept --- 24 approved

15th sept --- 28 approved.

I had big hopes for Friday and no list came out on Friday. Lets hope Monday list will be better and we all get our approvals. For a while it was slow, looks like they are working on pending cases now.

221gchennai6

Did you got your visa?

Archived