H1b premium processing time

asha2020

Hi Friends,

Need more clarification .

Employer is filing H1b transfer on 1st April in premium process.

When 15 calender days will start? From 1st April or from the day receipt is generated?

Thanks.

USCIS won't do premium processing if they go for lottery. After couple of days they start PP.

My cap-exempt petition is filed in 1st week of April. Any idea if this would be approved before the other cap-subject petitions of this year. What are probable time-lines 1-2 months etc.? Or this also will be approved only by october along with cap-subject petitions? I mean, any precedence of cap-exempt petition or would this be a separate processing queue? Based on this, I can consider upgrading to Premium processing?

Need your help:

My employer had applied for H1b transfer under regular processing as it took substantial time under regular, the employer decided to apply under premium processing to speed up the process. He had sent out the application on that day with forms and premium fee but fortunately H1b got approved on that same day. Now would USCIS return the premium fee as it was already approved under regular processing, if yes any idea about the time line of returning the premium fee.

Thanks in advance!

Need your help:

My employer had applied for H1b transfer under regular processing as it took substantial time under regular, the employer decided to apply under premium processing to speed up the process. He had sent out the application on that day with forms and premium fee but fortunately H1b got approved on that same day. Now would USCIS return the premium fee as it was already approved under regular processing, if yes any idea about the time line of returning the premium fee.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, if decision was made before receipt of request for PP USCIS would refund the fee. I do not know how fast they would return the fee. You would get back your check as USCIS will not cash it. Also, ask your attorney to follow it up with USCIS.

Archived