L1B- 2nd time

sri3178

Hi,

I was in US on L1B from company abc from 30thOct 2009. This company was acquired by company xyz in India as well in US after couple of months I entered US and I was given the copy of blanket petition of company xyz( as my I94 was still valid), but never went for visa stamping with xyz company petition.

I have applied for extension in 2013 for the same visa from xyz company and got denied on 13th dec 2013.so I have been for 4 years in US on L1B.

Now I am back working in India for the same xyz company. Can I apply for L1B again from the xyz company now with in the short period, will it be considered as an new L1 as I have never got xyz company visa stamping( I have got only blanket petition copy ). If yes will the previous 4 years count against the L1 stay or will it be a fresh L1 with xyz company. Please advice.

Thanks,

Sri.

Hi,

I was in US on L1B from company abc from 30thOct 2009. This company was acquired by company xyz in India as well in US after couple of months I entered US and I was given the copy of blanket petition of company xyz( as my I94 was still valid), but never went for visa stamping with xyz company petition.

I have applied for extension in 2013 for the same visa from xyz company and got denied on 13th dec 2013.so I have been for 4 years in US on L1B.

Now I am back working in India for the same xyz company. Can I apply for L1B again from the xyz company now with in the short period, will it be considered as an new L1 as I have never got xyz company visa stamping( I have got only blanket petition copy ). If yes will the previous 4 years count against the L1 stay or will it be a fresh L1 with xyz company. Please advice.

Thanks,

Sri.

To get fresh 5 years a new L1B petition has to be filed after you spend a year outside US.

Archived