H1B cap exempted?

johnnyhero2

I had H1B in 2008 which is approved petition , but never stamped on my passport because of 221g query(employer more details required) and it expired in 2011.I didn't submit it due to recession and job market concerns. 

Now am in USA on L1B visa which is valid till 2016 March.However, I will be working in USA till OCT-2014 after that my assignment completes in US.

Coming to my question, is there any way to file H1B on cap-examp quota  by using old H1B,and guide me what steps need to take not to affect the current L1B visa.Untill when I will be cap exempted?

Please help me..

Thanks,

Johnny.

I had H1B in 2008 which is approved petition , but never stamped on my passport because of 221g query(employer more details required) and it expired in 2011.I didn't submit it due to recession and job market concerns. 

Now am in USA on L1B visa which is valid till 2016 March.However, I will be working in USA till OCT-2014 after that my assignment completes in US.

Coming to my question, is there any way to file H1B on cap-examp quota  by using old H1B,and guide me what steps need to take not to affect the current L1B visa.Untill when I will be cap exempted?

Please help me..

Thanks,

Johnny.

Yes, you are cap exempt. Let a new employer file a cap exempt H1B petition in consular processing. On approval whenever you would like to join H1B employer exit and enter US with a H1B visa. You will get 6 years - time spent on L1B status.

I really appreciate your help in answering my question.you're so quick in reply to queries and building the confidence of many forum members here.

I have one last question on my old H1B..Untill when I will be cap-exempted..in case if i don't apply  cap-expt H1b on OCT-2014 ..Planning to apply cap expt H1 on Jan 2015 ..Am I still qualified for cap-exempt in 2015 ? ..please answer this question.

Thanks,

Johnny

I really appreciate your help in answering my question.you're so quick in reply to queries and building the confidence of many forum members here.

I have one last question on my old H1B..Untill when I will be cap-exempted..in case if i don't apply  cap-expt H1b on OCT-2014 ..Planning to apply cap expt H1 on Jan 2015 ..Am I still qualified for cap-exempt in 2015 ? ..please answer this question.

Thanks,

Johnny

There is no specific time limit to be cap exempted. Read this thread to get an understanding.

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/72359-h-1b-cap-exemption-issues/?hl=attorney_25#entry282812

Archived