h1b 2nd stamp: HOW SOON CAN i go before 1st stamp expires?

dream16

Guys,

I got my 1st stamp from Ottawa,CN and it is expiring in nov 2014.

My background: Did BS (Comp Sc), MBA from USA, working in Consulting since 5.5 years

Right now i am in EC (Employer - Client) Model. Please note that this is the same employer A through which i got my 1st stamping. However, i jumped and moved to Employer B and Employer C and now again came back to this Employer A. This shall not affect my 2nd stamp chances.

Questions: 

1. How soon can i go now to Canada to get my 2nd h1b stamp from same Employer A in EC Model? My current valid stamp with Employer A expires in Nov 2014

Is there a standard rule that i can ONLY GO before 6 months of stamp expiry?

2. In case my 2nd stamp gets rejected, my 1st one is automatically invalid?

Please advice---> Thank You !

Guys,

I got my 1st stamp from Ottawa,CN and it is expiring in nov 2014.

My background: Did BS (Comp Sc), MBA from USA, working in Consulting since 5.5 years

Right now i am in EC (Employer - Client) Model. Please note that this is the same employer A through which i got my 1st stamping. However, i jumped and moved to Employer B and Employer C and now again came back to this Employer A. This shall not affect my 2nd stamp chances.

Questions: 

1. How soon can i go now to Canada to get my 2nd h1b stamp from same Employer A in EC Model? My current valid stamp with Employer A expires in Nov 2014

Is there a standard rule that i can ONLY GO before 6 months of stamp expiry?

2. In case my 2nd stamp gets rejected, my 1st one is automatically invalid?

Please advice---> Thank You !

1. Not more than 90 days before expiry.

2. Yes, if it is canceled by VO.

jairichi,

Does the "Not more than 90 days before expiry" apply to I-797 expiry date or current Visa expriry date in the passport ???

In my case, the visa stamp(old employer) has expired last year and my current I-797 has 5 more months left(expiry in Aug 2014) and i have a new I-797 extension approved starting from Aug 2014.

Can i go for visa stamp now ?? and which i-797 will they consider during visa interview ?

Thanks

jairichi,

Does the "Not more than 90 days before expiry" apply to I-797 expiry date or current Visa expriry date in the passport ???

In my case, the visa stamp(old employer) has expired last year and my current I-797 has 5 more months left(expiry in Aug 2014) and i have a new I-797 extension approved starting from Aug 2014.

Can i go for visa stamp now ?? and which i-797 will they consider during visa interview ?

Thanks

Since your visa has expired you can apply for a H1B visa at an US consulate now. During interview show both I797s to VO.

Sorry guys, i am still not understanding, so basically what you are saying is that if my PP shows my stamp to be there till Nov 5,2014, i CANNOT go to any US consulate to get another stamp (based on my newly approved 797) before Aug 5,2014? i.e. the 90 days !

Sorry guys, i am still not understanding, so basically what you are saying is that if my PP shows my stamp to be there till Nov 5,2014, i CANNOT go to any US consulate to get another stamp (based on my newly approved 797) before Aug 5,2014? i.e. the 90 days !

Can anyone advise please?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived