H1 B Masters Cap for a non-masters positions?

naveenb29

Does my position need to have a "masters degree" degree requirement , so that I can be considered under the H-1B Master’s Exemption (extra 20,000 visas ) ? or just me having a masters degree form a US university would suffice? My attorney tells me that the position needs to have a masters degree requirement, but many friends have already filed under the masters CAP even if their position does not require a masters degree. 

Need some advice , in a time crunch.

Does my position need to have a "masters degree" degree requirement , so that I can be considered under the H-1B Master’s Exemption (extra 20,000 visas ) ? or just me having a masters degree form a US university would suffice? My attorney tells me that the position needs to have a masters degree requirement, but many friends have already filed under the masters CAP even if their position does not require a masters degree. 

Need some advice , in a time crunch.

The position need not have a master's degree requirement. But, your master's degree has to be from an accredited, non profit or public institution.

"My attorney tells me that the position needs to have a masters degree requirement, but many friends have already filed under the masters CAP even if their position does not require a masters degree. "

Your attorney is wrong. Get a written note from Murthy attorneys and show them.

Archived