H1B approved previously but unused, currently on L-1B, want to change the status to H-1B

d14399

Hi

I have H1 B petition approved from COMPANY ‘X’  in 2007 quota and back in 2001 from COMPANY ‘Y’. There was H1 Filed by COMPANY ‘Z’ in 2002; I don’t have any details except that it was approved.

I had H1 Stamping done in past and was never used. It was cancelled without prejudice when I separated from COMPANY ‘Y’ in 2002. 

I had multiple Entry B1 Visa (Was in US on B1 visa with various companies) and now currently on     L1-B Status working for COMPANY ‘A’ SINCE December 2013.

Can I apply for H1B? If yes, what is the procedure?

Will I be cap exempt or my petition will subject to count under CAP?

Can I directly apply for status change from L-1B to H-1B any time?

Please review my case and help me with the answers.

Thank you

Sri

Hi

I have H1 B petition approved from COMPANY ‘X’  in 2007 quota and back in 2001 from COMPANY ‘Y’. There was H1 Filed by COMPANY ‘Z’ in 2002; I don’t have any details except that it was approved.

I had H1 Stamping done in past and was never used. It was cancelled without prejudice when I separated from COMPANY ‘Y’ in 2002. 

I had multiple Entry B1 Visa (Was in US on B1 visa with various companies) and now currently on     L1-B Status working for COMPANY ‘A’ SINCE December 2013.

Can I apply for H1B? If yes, what is the procedure?

Will I be cap exempt or my petition will subject to count under CAP?

Can I directly apply for status change from L-1B to H-1B any time?

Please review my case and help me with the answers.

Thank you

Sri

Yes, you are cap exempt and an employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition anytime and you would get 6 years - time spent on L1B.

Archived