I-140 Approved with Old Employer - Transfer H1B of New Employer

krsepuri

My wife was working with consulting firm Emp A for last 3 years, (one and half on OPT and Rest on H-1B). She currently got a new FTE opportunity with Company B, and they started her H-1B Transfer. Her I-140 with Emp A was approved in 2013 with 2012 priority date and the employer just provided her with I-797 Approval Receipt number and priority date but refused to provide her with copy of her I-797 claiming that the documents are with Attorney and they are not provided to the company.

Now once she informed the old Emp A about her new Job with Emp B and request for copy of I-140's I-797 Approval copy to support her H-1B transfer filing process, the old Emp A started showing their true colors, claiming that its against their company policy to give any kind of documentation related to PERM & I-140 and completely refused to provide any kind of documentation on that regard. 

I've filed a FOIA to USCIS for her I-140 I-797 Approval copy today, can any one suggest how long does it take for USCIS to provide us with that documentation.

Also her H-1B transfer hasn't started yet, they are in process of collecting documents and filing LCA, and employment commences only in mid-April with New Emp B. If the old Emp A revokes her H-1B before we get the USCIS receipt fot H-1B transfer, we don't know how to handle that kind of situations. 

Please Advise.

Also the employer is planning to terminate her I-140 ASAP, if so can we still use her current Priority date as her I-140 is approved, when the New Employer B files I-140, even if her old I-140 petition is revoked.

My wife was working with consulting firm Emp A for last 3 years, (one and half on OPT and Rest on H-1B). She currently got a new FTE opportunity with Company B, and they started her H-1B Transfer. Her I-140 with Emp A was approved in 2013 with 2012 priority date and the employer just provided her with I-797 Approval Receipt number and priority date but refused to provide her with copy of her I-797 claiming that the documents are with Attorney and they are not provided to the company.

Now once she informed the old Emp A about her new Job with Emp B and request for copy of I-140's I-797 Approval copy to support her H-1B transfer filing process, the old Emp A started showing their true colors, claiming that its against their company policy to give any kind of documentation related to PERM & I-140 and completely refused to provide any kind of documentation on that regard. 

I've filed a FOIA to USCIS for her I-140 I-797 Approval copy today, can any one suggest how long does it take for USCIS to provide us with that documentation.

Also her H-1B transfer hasn't started yet, they are in process of collecting documents and filing LCA, and employment commences only in mid-April with New Emp B. If the old Emp A revokes her H-1B before we get the USCIS receipt fot H-1B transfer, we don't know how to handle that kind of situations. 

Please Advise.

Also the employer is planning to terminate her I-140 ASAP, if so can we still use her current Priority date as her I-140 is approved, when the New Employer B files I-140, even if her old I-140 petition is revoked.

I believe an employer can file her cap exempt H1B petition with receipt number. When an RFE is raised for a copy of her cap subject H1B I797 you would have received the same by that time to respond to RFE.

Yes, your spouse can retain her priority date.

She is going to be fine, just watch for the H1 cancellation. Talk to your lawyer about filing for the new H1. I am not sure how long it takes to cancel a current H1, but generally the USCIS will give you at least 10 days. She can reuse the PD on her old I-140 even if it is withdrawn.

Archived