H1 ext approved- dependent H4 still initial review

ashnit

Hello,

I filed H4 application in August 2013. It is still in initial review.

My husband had to file for his H1 extension so he filed last month along with my H4 extension.

his H1B got approved but my H4 extension (which filed together) is still in initial review.

Question is

why I have not got H4 with his H1B approval?

Do they process case completely separate? 

any chances to get RFE?

Appreciate your time and help.

Thanks.

Hello,

I filed H4 application in August 2013. It is still in initial review.

My husband had to file for his H1 extension so he filed last month along with my H4 extension.

his H1B got approved but my H4 extension (which filed together) is still in initial review.

Question is

why I have not got H4 with his H1B approval?

Do they process case completely separate? 

any chances to get RFE?

Appreciate your time and help.

Thanks.

You are waiting this long to get your H4 extension approved? Did you ever raise a service request with USCIS on your H4 application status?

Hi,

Thanks for response. I filed for COS from F1-H4 in August 2013 and yes, I have requested many times but have not heard back.

My husband filed H1 extension earlier this month (March 2014) with my H4 ext. His H1 ext got approved but my H4 ext is still in initial review.

Is it possible for them to keep H4 ext on hold?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for response. I filed for COS from F1-H4 in August 2013 and yes, I have requested many times but have not heard back.

My husband filed H1 extension earlier this month (March 2014) with my H4 ext. His H1 ext got approved but my H4 ext is still in initial review.

Is it possible for them to keep H4 ext on hold?

Thanks

How did your husband file for H4 extension when your COS from F1 to H4 is not approved yet? Talk to a good attorney and look at the possibility of exiting US and entering with a valid H4 visa and a copy of your spouse's I797.

Archived