First time H1 B Stamping in Canada


NeilPras

Recommended Posts

Myself and my husband are planning for first-time H1-b stamping(both holding Master's degree from U.S) in Canada in next couple of months. I would like to know if suppose our Visa's are rejected, this is worst-case assumption. what is the procedure to re-enter USA or Is any temporary Visa will be granted , say for 1 or 2 week , so that we can come back and settle our lease and other personal things. 

 

I appreciate the advice and help in advance

 

Thanks

 

 

Link to comment

Myself and my husband are planning for first-time H1-b stamping(both holding Master's degree from U.S) in Canada in next couple of months. I would like to know if suppose our Visa's are rejected, this is worst-case assumption. what is the procedure to re-enter USA or Is any temporary Visa will be granted , say for 1 or 2 week , so that we can come back and settle our lease and other personal things. 

 

I appreciate the advice and help in advance

 

Thanks

You would need to directly go back to your home country. If you have this worst-case assumption then provide appropriate instructions in advance to your friends on how to handle your stuff in US.

Link to comment

Its better to go one by one instead of both at the same time. For example, if your husband/wife has an appointment on Monday and its approved then its better you start to Canada on Tuesday by taking appointment on Wednesday so that you will have time to know the status of your husband. In worst case if he gets 221g the other person can cancel their appointment and there will be a chance to come back to US as a dependent. It will the other way in case if you get 221g. I know its complicated but at the end of the day its your call.

Link to comment

Its better to go one by one instead of both at the same time. For example, if your husband/wife has an appointment on Monday and its approved then its better you start to Canada on Tuesday by taking appointment on Wednesday so that you will have time to know the status of your husband. In worst case if he gets 221g the other person can cancel their appointment and there will be a chance to come back to US as a dependent. It will the other way in case if you get 221g. I know its complicated but at the end of the day its your call.

That is a good suggestion.

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.