H1 filing employer and OPT employer different

kumar05

Hi

i am working on OPT for an academic institution. Since they are not filing my H1 i approached  a consultant to file my H1 this year. I have some questions regarding this.

1. Can I do this? Will there be a problem now or in future because of this?

2. Do I need to be an offer letter or employment letter by consultant to file the application? if so can i be employed at both places in same period? or can the consultant file my application as a future employee?

3. Will my academic institution come to know about this ? if they know does it have bad effects in future?

4. Can i continue to work for the academic institution till October 2014 if my application goes through lottery?

Can anyone please answer my question. I would be thankful for your suggestions and comments

Thank you

1. Can I do this? Will there be a problem now or in future because of this?

2. Do I need to be an offer letter or employment letter by consultant to file the application? if so can i be employed at both places in same period? or can the consultant file my application as a future employee?

3. Will my academic institution come to know about this ? if they know does it have bad effects in future?

4. Can i continue to work for the academic institution till October 2014 if my application goes through lottery?

1. Yes, you can. But make sure that consultancy got a real job for you.

2. Yes, they should have an offer letter for H1 approval. On OPT you can work for multiple employers.

3. No they won't know

4. Yes.

Archived