Can I apply H-1B with LCA applied copy and the receipt of it

My employer filed my LCA on March 18th 2014 and he is confident that LCA will be approved before 28th of this month despite the fact that these take about 10-15 days. However, when asked the attorney about delay in LCA approval, how is he going to proceed with my application, he replied that if my LCA doesn't come back on time before I send my H-1B application package, the attorney is going to use LCA applied copy and the receipt of it when sending my H-1B application. Will USCIS entertain such applications? Please advise.

My employer filed my LCA on March 18th 2014 and he is confident that LCA will be approved before 28th of this month despite the fact that these take about 10-15 days. However, when asked the attorney about delay in LCA approval, how is he going to proceed with my application, he replied that if my LCA doesn't come back on time before I send my H-1B application package, the attorney is going to use LCA applied copy and the receipt of it when sending my H-1B application. Will USCIS entertain such applications? Please advise.

I doubt that one can file a H1B petition without LCA. Wait for others opinion.

I believe, you mean not even with the receipt and applied copy of LCA. It should be only an "Approved" LCA to apply H-1B?

That is what I have heard from attorney who filed my H1B. Or I have heard it wrong. 

You would need an approved LCA to file a H1B petition. 

Hope some members will provide you their opinion.

That is what I have heard from attorney who filed my H1B. Or I have heard it wrong. 

You would need an approved LCA to file a H1B petition. 

Hope some members will provide you their opinion.

If I remember right, this has been possible at some point in the past, when the government was shut down. Not sure if it is possible currently.

If I remember right, this has been possible at some point in the past, when the government was shut down. Not sure if it is possible currently.

I agree with you JoeF. That is my understanding too. Unless a announcement is made by relevant authority there is no such excuse to file a H1B petition without LCA expecting the petition to be considered.

Archived