Completed 6 yrs on H1B, Pls advise on H1B Cap

simba_king

Hello, I first got my H1B approved in 2006 (2007 Quota) and lived in USA from Jan 2007 to Nov 2012. Completed 6 years of H1B and stayed outside USA for 1 year and 4 months. I have a couple of questions -

1) If I am applying in April for a fresh H1B for new 6 years term, will I fall under H1B cap for 2015 or since I already counted once under H1B Cap in 2006, will I be exempted from the Cap.

2) if I am exempted from the cap, can I initiate the  H1B process anytime during the year and not necessarily file by 1st week of April considering high volume of applications.

Please advise on the above.

Hello, I first got my H1B approved in 2006 (2007 Quota) and lived in USA from Jan 2007 to Nov 2012. Completed 6 years of H1B and stayed outside USA for 1 year and 4 months. I have a couple of questions -

1) If I am applying in April for a fresh H1B for new 6 years term, will I fall under H1B cap for 2015 or since I already counted once under H1B Cap in 2006, will I be exempted from the Cap.

2) if I am exempted from the cap, can I initiate the  H1B process anytime during the year and not necessarily file by 1st week of April considering high volume of applications.

Please advise on the above.

1. You come under quota.

2. Refer 1.

Archived