H4 Transfer

kandpal123

Hi,

Me and my Family has recently visited India. I am back to USA and as per our earlier plan they would  join me later in couple of months.

Though in between I planned to change my job, My H1 is in transfer process. My questions is:

1) For my family can H4 Transfer  be initiated, even though if they are in India.

2) If yes, can they enter to US, with old employer Visa valid till next 2 year and new Transfer H4 petition.

2) If step1 in no, then can they enter to USA with old employer peition and Visa, also how and when their H4 transfer can be initiated.

Thanks,

Rupesh

Hi,

Me and my Family has recently visited India. I am back to USA and as per our earlier plan they would  join me later in couple of months.

Though in between I planned to change my job, My H1 is in transfer process. My questions is:

1) For my family can H4 Transfer  be initiated, even though if they are in India.

2) If yes, can they enter to US, with old employer Visa valid till next 2 year and new Transfer H4 petition.

2) If step1 in no, then can they enter to USA with old employer peition and Visa, also how and when their H4 transfer can be initiated.

Thanks,

Rupesh

1. They do not need a H4 transfer. They just need a valid H4 visa and a copy of your valid I797.

2. Yes, but they need a copy of your I797.

Archived