Expedite citizenship through Marriage to US Citizenship

Recommended Posts

I already have my Green Card through work and I just completed one year on it. I am also married to US Citizen but I never applied for GC through her as my GC with work in flight. 


Now instead of waiting for another 4 years to apply for citizenship, is there any way I can convert my work GC or tied my work GC with my marriage to US Citizen to expedite my eligibility for citizenship application? 

Link to comment

There is nothing to tie the GC to.

The rule is:

If you are married and living with a US citizen, and have done so for the previous three years, and have been a Permanent Resident for the previous three years, then you can file for naturalization based on marriage to the US citizen.

Link to comment
  • 1 year later...


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.