Visa Interview Current and New H1B

visaseeker2010

Hello,

I'm attending my visa interview in Jamaica in less than a month. I have a current H1B valid until mid june without a visa stamp and an got an H1B extension from mid june. What steps do I need to make sure I get stamped for both my petitions? 

I was reading in the forums and somebody mentioned I've to submit the new H1B number in the DS-160. Is that right? Are they other things to do?

Please advise soon. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I'm attending my visa interview in Jamaica in less than a month. I have a current H1B valid until mid june without a visa stamp and an got an H1B extension from mid june. What steps do I need to make sure I get stamped for both my petitions? 

I was reading in the forums and somebody mentioned I've to submit the new H1B number in the DS-160. Is that right? Are they other things to do?

Please advise soon. Thanks in advance.

Show both I797s to VO at the time of interview. You need to mention your current valid I797 in your DS160.

Thanks jairichi for your response.

I was reading the following case and it mentions that I should use my new H1B number in the DS-160 form. I'm very confused. Please provide your inputs.

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/64848-successful-visa-stamping-on-kingston-jamaica/

You can provide any I797 number. It does not matter. But, your current I797 is valid as your extension approval notice is valid only from mid June.

Archived