L1 expired, Fresh H1 filling in 2014

psingh0420

Hello All,

My L1 B visa expired on 10 March 2014.

My I94 is valid till 14 Oct 2015 ( because I traveled to india in oct 2012, so got 3 years from the date I entered back in US )

My current employer, who filled my L1 is now filling H1 for year 2014. My location and client in L1 petition and H1 petition will remain same. Nothing changed since I came to US.

Now, is it suggested to stay on I94 till my H1 is approved?

Will the period between 10 March and oct 2014 have valid immigrant status? 

If I am overstaying my Visa, will this hamper my H1 processing in any case?

Please suggest.

Hello All,

My L1 B visa expired on 10 March 2014.

My I94 is valid till 14 Oct 2015 ( because I traveled to india in oct 2012, so got 3 years from the date I entered back in US )

My current employer, who filled my L1 is now filling H1 for year 2014. My location and client in L1 petition and H1 petition will remain same. Nothing changed since I came to US.

Now, is it suggested to stay on I94 till my H1 is approved?

Will the period between 10 March and oct 2014 have valid immigrant status? 

If I am overstaying my Visa, will this hamper my H1 processing in any case?

Please suggest.

When does your L1B petition expire? That determines whether your I94 is valid and you can stay till Oct 1st 2014.

you are good with the valid I94. Even you can extend your I94 further through your company immigration team/lawyer until your maxout date which should be 5 years from the day you entered in US minus the India Vacation days. Only thing is you can not leave the country and if you do you have to get the Visa Stamping done. 

I was in similar situation and was working on I94

Archived