Will H1B Application Impact a Subsequent I140 Petition under EB1C Category (for L1A visa holders)

sunny009

I am with company A on L1A visa. Company B is applying for H1B visa through consular process in Apr. Company A may apply for Green Card thorugh EB1C in Jun or Jul (they are still considering my case and in my opinion unlikely to apply). Let's say, if company A decides to apply for GC in EB1C, will the H1B application from company B cause any problems to the I140 petition in future. Would it work fine if I decline company B's offer in Jun or Jul and continue to work with Company A?

Thanks in advance!

I am with company A on L1A visa. Company B is applying for H1B visa through consular process in Apr. Company A may apply for Green Card thorugh EB1C in Jun or Jul (they are still considering my case and in my opinion unlikely to apply). Let's say, if company A decides to apply for GC in EB1C, will the H1B application from company B cause any problems to the I140 petition in future. Would it work fine if I decline company B's offer in Jun or Jul and continue to work with Company A?

Thanks in advance!

Your H1B petition will not run into any problem due to initiation of GC process. 

Depends on what is mentioned in the offer or contract letter you sign with H1B employer.

Your H1B petition will not run into any problem due to initiation of GC process. 

Depends on what is mentioned in the offer or contract letter you sign with H1B employer.

I hope my GC application/ I-140 petition will not be negatively impacted due to the H1B application? Kindly share your inputs. Thanks a lot!

Archived