H1B and H4

vatpk

Hello,

An employer will be filing for H1B visa for my wife. She is currently in India. When her H1B processing is in progress, can she apply for H4 visa. Will that has any effect on her H1B processing?

If H4 gets approved, and after coming to US if her H1B petition gets approved. Then filing only COS is needed to start working? Please confirm

Hello,

An employer will be filing for H1B visa for my wife. She is currently in India. When her H1B processing is in progress, can she apply for H4 visa. Will that has any effect on her H1B processing?

If H4 gets approved, and after coming to US if her H1B petition gets approved. Then filing only COS is needed to start working? Please confirm

Yes, she can apply for a H4 visa at US consulate. This will not affect her H1B petition. If she enters US on a H4 visa and her H1B petition gets approved then to start working her employer has to file for a COS to H1B and pay H1B fees again or she can exit and enter US with a valid H1B visa and I797.

Hello,

That's right.

Archived