H1B Petition with I-20 also just issued by US School

jaynz

Hi there,

I have an employer about to file an H1B petition for me.  I'm cap-exempt (by remainder option) and would be able to start work as soon as my H1B is issued.

Before being offered this job I had applied and was accepted to a US business school, who has just applied for my I-20.

My question is:  Will the I-20, that this school has applied for, conflict with or jeopardize the outcome of my H1B petition? 

I definitely would not apply for my F-1 visa if the H1B is approved.  So to clarify I wouldn't apply for both F-1 and H1B at same time, I'd just want to have the I-20 there incase my H1B is denied.

Cheers,

Jay

Hi there,

I have an employer about to file an H1B petition for me.  I'm cap-exempt (by remainder option) and would be able to start work as soon as my H1B is issued.

Before being offered this job I had applied and was accepted to a US business school, who has just applied for my I-20.

My question is:  Will the I-20, that this school has applied for, conflict with or jeopardize the outcome of my H1B petition? 

I definitely would not apply for my F-1 visa if the H1B is approved.  So to clarify I wouldn't apply for both F-1 and H1B at same time, I'd just want to have the I-20 there incase my H1B is denied.

Cheers,

Jay

You are fine.

Archived