H4 and F1 both approved?

phaseen

i applied for H4 extension Nov 5th 2013
i have also applied for COS H4 to F1 Nov 8th 2013
i got approval of F1 on Feb 26th 2014
and i sent them withdrawal letter to USCIS attaching F1 approval on March 3rd 2014 and they recieved it March 5th 2013.
And on March 8th 2014 my H4 petition also got approved. I called USCIS toll free number they said by the time they recieved the withdrawel H4 was approved
i dont know i sent the withdrawal before the approval date that is March 5th still they are saying i am currently on H4 as per last visa approval status?
what should i do in this case i want to move to F1 status not H4. Do i need to file new F1 COS or i can reopen the existing F1 Approval? what will happen to my i797 which i got after F1 approval that is invalid? i cannot work with that? Please answer..

i applied for H4 extension Nov 5th 2013

i have also applied for COS H4 to F1 Nov 8th 2013

i got approval of F1 on Feb 26th 2014

and i sent them withdrawal letter to USCIS attaching F1 approval on March 3rd 2014 and they recieved it March 5th 2013.

And on March 8th 2014 my H4 petition also got approved. I called USCIS toll free number they said by the time they recieved the withdrawel H4 was approved

i dont know i sent the withdrawal before the approval date that is March 5th still they are saying i am currently on H4 as per last visa approval status?

what should i do in this case i want to move to F1 status not H4. Do i need to file new F1 COS or i can reopen the existing F1 Approval? what will happen to my i797 which i got after F1 approval that is invalid? i cannot work with that? Please answer..

Either you apply for COS again or exit and enter with F1 visa.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived