Advance Paroled-H1B transfer

Zubi1

Hello Experts,

I need some clarification/advice on below items please?
Back in 2012 I applied for I-485 AOS and recieved AP & EAD.I also
had H1B valid through 2015 (no stamping though).In 2012 I went to my native country
and returned on AP and after that working for same employer.Now my question is
1. Am I eligible for H1 transfer? if I get a good offer and new company is willing to do H1 transfer

2. recently I have heard few people not getting I-94 when applied for H1 extension? will I run into
this issue?is there any specific reason why we don't get I-94 with H1 approval?

3.If I donot get I-94 then will I have to go outside country for stamping ? or switch to EAD & AP and continute here itself?
will it cause any issue to I-485 if I donot go for stamping?

has anyone run into this situation?

Thanks in advance

4.Will applying H1 transfer cause any issues to my 485 process?

Thanks in advance!

1. The word transfer may not apply. You are working on your EAD now. Nothing precludes an H1 sponsor from filing your H1 petition.

2. a non specific statement which cannot be replied to as every case is unique. Is there any reason why a visa should not be a solution?

3. Your choice. The AOS and H1 have no connection except why you are not working for the GC sponsor now?

4. See 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Experts,

I need some clarification/advice on below items please?

Back in 2012 I applied for I-485 AOS and recieved AP & EAD.I also

had H1B valid through 2015 (no stamping though).In 2012 I went to my native country

and returned on AP and after that working for same employer.Now my question is

1. Am I eligible for H1 transfer? if I get a good offer and new company is willing to do H1 transfer

2. recently I have heard few people not getting I-94 when applied for H1 extension? will I run into

this issue?is there any specific reason why we don't get I-94 with H1 approval?

3.If I donot get I-94 then will I have to go outside country for stamping ? or switch to EAD & AP and continute here itself?

will it cause any issue to I-485 if I donot go for stamping?

has anyone run into this situation?

Thanks in advance

4.Will applying H1 transfer cause any issues to my 485 process?

Thanks in advance!

1.) Yes you are eligible for H1B transfer.

2.) That is not true. You will get an I-94 for your H1B case as well as for AP when you used it for travel outside US.

Archived