EMPLOYMENT AND CONFIDENTIALITY AND ASSIGNMENT OF INVENTIONS AGREEMENT

nikrs616

Hello All,

I am currently on F1 VISA, and have an offer on the table, where IT Consulting Firm would apply for my H1B soon. Employment Agreement has the following clause for 24 months, and not sure of the consequences, if I get out of the contract before 24 months. Please advice regarding the following clause on the agreement( Current Salary being offered is $53,500). Thank you.

1.9        Minimum Employment Period Accepted by the Employee. In accordance with the Marketing Agreement executed by the Employee and IT Consulting Firm dated 03/01/2014_______, failure to stay on an assignment(s) procured through IT Consulting Firm marketing services for a period of less than 24 months will lead to a claim of liquidated damages against the Employee for $5,000 per month for the balance of the minimum 24-month employment period agreed to with the Company.  Employee and IT Consulting Firm further agree that the value of the liquidated damages ($5,000/month), would be reduced to the actual value of the salary /month offered by IT Consulting Firm, if less than the liquidated damages amount of $5,000 per month.

Nick

Hello All,

I am currently on F1 VISA, and have an offer on the table, where IT Consulting Firm would apply for my H1B soon. Employment Agreement has the following clause for 24 months, and not sure of the consequences, if I get out of the contract before 24 months. Please advice regarding the following clause on the agreement( Current Salary being offered is $53,500). Thank you.

1.9        Minimum Employment Period Accepted by the Employee. In accordance with the Marketing Agreement executed by the Employee and IT Consulting Firm dated 03/01/2014_______, failure to stay on an assignment(s) procured through IT Consulting Firm marketing services for a period of less than 24 months will lead to a claim of liquidated damages against the Employee for $5,000 per month for the balance of the minimum 24-month employment period agreed to with the Company.  Employee and IT Consulting Firm further agree that the value of the liquidated damages ($5,000/month), would be reduced to the actual value of the salary /month offered by IT Consulting Firm, if less than the liquidated damages amount of $5,000 per month.

Nick

Just do not join this firm if you have no plans to stay for 24 months.

Hello All,

Nick

Find another employer. Moreover your salary is very less.

Archived