Delay in getting H1-H4 COS Receipt number-CRITICAL

Hi,

I am currently working for Company A on my H1B visa. My spouse is also working here on his H1B. My project is ending on 18th Mar 2014 and hence I thought of moving to H4-COS from my H1b. Meanwhile, my husband got a new job with Company B & they said they will take care of his H1b transfer and my H4-COS. However, there are some delay in the filing process with Company B. My last date is 18th and at this point of time, we do not have any documents submitted for my H4-COS.

If I submit my I539 and other relevant documents to USCIS and it reaches them before 18th, will it be okay? (or) Is a receipt number mandatory to show a valid visa status?

Please help.

Thank you!

Hi,

I am currently working for Company A on my H1B visa. My spouse is also working here on his H1B. My project is ending on 18th Mar 2014 and hence I thought of moving to H4-COS from my H1b. Meanwhile, my husband got a new job with Company B & they said they will take care of his H1b transfer and my H4-COS. However, there are some delay in the filing process with Company B. My last date is 18th and at this point of time, we do not have any documents submitted for my H4-COS.

If I submit my I539 and other relevant documents to USCIS and it reaches them before 18th, will it be okay? (or) Is a receipt number mandatory to show a valid visa status?

Please help.

Thank you!

You should be fine.

Archived