Visitor insurance covering pre-existing conditions

viddu512

Hello Readers - I'm trying to find a medical insurance that covers pre-existing conditions. So far I could find only ************** that only covers acute onset of a pre-existing condition only to stabilize the patient, but does not cover any dr. fee or prescription expenses.

If you're aware of any other health plans that cover pre-existing conditions, please reply. I'd very grateful. Thanks.  

• 2 weeks later...

These are VERY important question for anyone who considers buying a Visitors Insurance.  So I am raising these again here (and other forums) .  Hope he has answers --

1) It is routinely said that Visitors Insurance by US companies are  preferred than those by Indian companies . I agree. 

But almost all the Visitors Insurance which are sold by these brokers are underwritten by either a company in London  or a company in Stockholm (which has underwriters in Germany, Singapore etc  but not in US).
So how come these are being called as " US Companies" ??

2) It is claimed that one can complaint to Department of Insurance against these so called US companies.  But then,  the policy of these companies says in big bold letters that they are surplus line insurance and "PERSONS INSURED BY SURPLUS LINES CARRIERS DO NOT HAVE THE
 PROTECTION OF STATE INSURANCE GUARANTY LAWS ".

I randomly picked up DOI of a state -- Texas .  Here is what they say --  "TDI doesn’t regulate surplus lines companies."  ( http://www.tdi.texas.gov/pubs/consumer/cb015.html  )

How and why do the brokers of these insurance claim that DOI will be of any help if the insurance does not pay ?    

• 10 months later...

Archived