H1B visa for IT professional having Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science

archanaadiga08

Hi,

I have a Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science Enginnering (B.E.) from India.

I have 5 years of work experinece in an IT firm as an IT professional.

I want to apply for H1B visa for work in an IT company.

Kindly let me know if H1B visas for work in IT company can be applied for, in such situation.

Regards,

Archana Adiga

Hi,

I have a Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science Enginnering (B.E.) from India.

Kindly let me know if H1B visas for work in IT company can be applied for, in such situation.

Regards,

Archana Adiga

For H1, you need to have Bachelor's degree or work exp equivalent to Bachelor's degree from the field directly related to your H1 job

Hi,

Regards,

Archana Adiga

Your educational qualification should be relevant to H1B profession. I do not see the relevance between Environmental Science Engineering and IT field.

You can get your h1b if you have 5 years experience. My background is non IT, but i got my H1B and visa stamped without any issues. You have hands on experience and should not be an issue (But no one can promise you will get it, its all luck)

Nureya

What happened years ago is not relevant for today.

USCIS got a lot stricter, due to abuse.

The OP can not get an H1 outside of his field.

Archived