H1 Transfer Immediately after approval

divyaa9900

Hi,

Company A filed my H1b in 2013 which was approved recently on 16 Jan 2014 after a long wait. Before this I was on H4.

It took a month to get my SSN and now I can officially start working but I havent started a project yet and not being paid my my employer (Company A), so I dont have any pay stubs.

My question is can I transfer my H1b to a new company, say company B which is ready to transfer my H1 without any paystubs or work experience with company A?

Hi,

Company A filed my H1b in 2013 which was approved recently on 16 Jan 2014 after a long wait. Before this I was on H4.

It took a month to get my SSN and now I can officially start working but I havent started a project yet and not being paid my my employer (Company A), so I dont have any pay stubs.

My question is can I transfer my H1b to a new company, say company B which is ready to transfer my H1 without any paystubs or work experience with company A?

Since you have reported to employer on H1B you need to be pad by employer from 16th Jan 2014. Otherwise you are out of status. You need to file a complaint company A with DOL to be able to move company B.

First, you don't need to have the SSN to start working.

Second, you need to get paid. If the employer doesn't want to pay you, file a complaint with DOL on form WH4. Since you didn't get paid, a transfer would only be possible with such a complaint on file.

Hi,

You need latest pay stubs for H1 transfer. On H1 you need to get paid EVERY month, not getting paid= out of status.

So file a complaint against your employer for not paying you on H1, with that complaint you can get your H1 transferred.

Archived