Valid H4 till Dec 2014 , what if H4 to H1B COS application gets denied

abhirock7

Hello All,

Me and my wife are currently on H1B and H4 Visas respectively till Dec2014  ( My company would file for extension in June 2014)

But an employer is willing to file for H1B for my wife with COS (H4 to H1B)  on April 1,2014.

So, I have 2 questions

1. What if my wife's H4 to H1B gets denied (say in July 2014 or later ) , can she still stay on H4 visa or her H4 visa also gets revoked and she has to leave to India ?

2. Shall I ask my employer to file for Extension for H1B and H4 both,   when my wife's H4 to H1B application is still in process ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

Hello All,

Me and my wife are currently on H1B and H4 Visas respectively till Dec2014  ( My company would file for extension in June 2014)

But an employer is willing to file for H1B for my wife with COS (H4 to H1B)  on April 1,2014.

So, I have 2 questions

1. What if my wife's H4 to H1B gets denied (say in July 2014 or later ) , can she still stay on H4 visa or her H4 visa also gets revoked and she has to leave to India ?

2. Shall I ask my employer to file for Extension for H1B and H4 both,   when my wife's H4 to H1B application is still in process ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

1. She will be on H4 status.

2. Yes. 

Thanks  jairichi for your prompt reply , I really appreciate it.

Just to confirm ,shall  I wait until decision on COS (H4 to H1B) application for my wife before  I request my employer to file for extension for H1B and H4 both

OR it's okay to have both applications for H4 and H1B in process simultaneously for my wife ?

Thanks

Thanks  jairichi for your prompt reply , I really appreciate it.

Just to confirm ,shall  I wait until decision on COS (H4 to H1B) application for my wife before  I request my employer to file for extension for H1B and H4 both

OR it's okay to have both applications for H4 and H1B in process simultaneously for my wife ?

Thanks

If your spouse's I94 is valid beyond Oct 1st 2014 I would suggest her prospective employer to file COS from H4 to H1B. If denied she or your employer can file an extension of her H4 status.

Archived