Current L1B - Applying for L1A and H1B in parallel

narayanb

I am on L1B visa and my visa expires in mid-Aug. My current employer is going to file my L1A. I am planning to file H1B visa from another employer. I want to work on H1B after October and need some help on following questions:
1. As my current visa expires mid-Aug, when does my current employer need to file my L1A and how much approximate time does it take to get the result? Would he file just before my L1B expires and if yes, can I stay in US till the result of L1A comes?
2.If I get H1B approval at June end and L1A approval in July, which visa will be valid from starting 1-Oct?
3. If my L1A gets approved after H1B. is there any way I can change status from l1A to H1B and how feasible it is?
4. What will happen if I just don't apply for L1A? I will need to leave US and come back with stamped visa?

5. If my L1A result comes before H1B, I am assuming that I will be on L1A between Aug to Sept End and then shift to H1B starting 1 Oct. Is that correct?

I am on L1B visa and my visa expires in mid-Aug. My current employer is going to file my L1A. I am planning to file H1B visa from another employer. I want to work on H1B after October and need some help on following questions:

1. As my current visa expires mid-Aug, when does my current employer need to file my L1A and how much approximate time does it take to get the result? Would he file just before my L1B expires and if yes, can I stay in US till the result of L1A comes?

2.If I get H1B approval at June end and L1A approval in July, which visa will be valid from starting 1-Oct?

3. If my L1A gets approved after H1B. is there any way I can change status from l1A to H1B and how feasible it is?

4. What will happen if I just don't apply for L1A? I will need to leave US and come back with stamped visa?

5. If my L1A result comes before H1B, I am assuming that I will be on L1A between Aug to Sept End and then shift to H1B starting 1 Oct. Is that correct?

1. Employer can file 6 months before I94 expiry. 3 to 4 months by regular processing and 15 calendar days by premium processing. And, yes you can stay till a decision is made by USCIS.

2. Sorry I am not 100% sure about the answer.

3. Refer 2.

4. Yes, that is correct.

5. Yes, assuming COS is approved.

• 3 weeks later...

I am on L1B and I-94 expiring mid-Aug and my L1A will be filed around July end. Another employer will file H1B in normal processing. What will happen in following scenario:

1. If my H1B gets approved around June and L1A gets approved in Aug/Sept, which visa will be active starting 1-Oct?
2. If my H1B gets approved around June and L1A gets rejected around 15th Sept, do I need to leave US and can H1B still be valie starting 1-Oct?
3. What is the best way for me to remain on H1B status starting 1-Oct?

Please help.

Archived