Planning to visit India for Stamping and Marriage. Waiting for labor approval.


OptimusPrime007

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I am in the US on work permit and have utilized my span of 6 years of H1B. I did file my GC exactly when I had 1 year left out of 6 years of H1B. My priority  date is July 17 2012 and still eagerly waiting on my labor approval. Now I have to always apply for H1B extension for 1 year until my labor and 140 gets approved. My visa expires July 17 2014.

I am planning to get married back in India with an Indian origin girl who is now a Canadian. My questions are; 

 

Considering the immigration instability that we face here, what would you suggest if you were in my place? How safe is it to visit India for stamping in this case?

Is it a good idea to visit India now when I am on extension of only 1 year considering I would apply now for the next extension in the premium category?

Is it safe to visit India while you labor is in process?

 

Also please post any other suggestions or alternatives that pops up in your mind. Thank in advance.

 

 

 

Link to comment

 

Hi,
 
I am in the US on work permit and have utilized my span of 6 years of H1B. I did file my GC exactly when I had 1 year left out of 6 years of H1B. My priority  date is July 17 2012 and still eagerly waiting on my labor approval. Now I have to always apply for H1B extension for 1 year until my labor and 140 gets approved. My visa expires July 17 2014.
I am planning to get married back in India with an Indian origin girl who is now a Canadian. My questions are; 
 
Considering the immigration instability that we face here, what would you suggest if you were in my place? How safe is it to visit India for stamping in this case?
Is it a good idea to visit India now when I am on extension of only 1 year considering I would apply now for the next extension in the premium category?
Is it safe to visit India while you labor is in process?
 
Also please post any other suggestions or alternatives that pops up in your mind. Thank in advance.

 

You have no other choice other than filing for H1B extension and getting a H1B stamp to travel back to US.

Link to comment

Thanks jairichi, but what if I have 8 to 9 months left on my H1B approval. I am from Mumbai, India. How safe is it to get a visa stamped and return back & face US immigration again along with my newly wedded wife?

 

Please respond back.

 

Thanks.

Does your H1B visa or H1B extension petition expire by July 2014? If it is H1B petition and if you are trying to enter US with a valid H1B visa before July 2014 along with your wife it should be fine. Safety is based on the documents you have.

Link to comment

Thanks jairichi. What you are saying is legally true but I wanted to know about the risk factor involved currently at US Embassy back in India.

Why are people afraid of stamping then? Most of them have valid documents and job and still many of them were rejected sometime back during US Employment crisis. So just want to know if it's safe now going to India for stamping when you have almost 6 months left for VISA expiry.

 

Appreciate your time. Please let me know.

Link to comment

Thanks jairichi. What you are saying is legally true but I wanted to know about the risk factor involved currently at US Embassy back in India.

Why are people afraid of stamping then? Most of them have valid documents and job and still many of them were rejected sometime back during US Employment crisis. So just want to know if it's safe now going to India for stamping when you have almost 6 months left for VISA expiry.

 

Appreciate your time. Please let me know.

As long as one has good documentation there is nothing to worry. All US consulates are the same as they follow standard procedures. I went last April for H1B stamping in India with 4 months of petition validity date. I was given 221G and got stuck for a month due to nature of my job and I was a FTE at that time. But, got my H1B visa stamped with no request for any additional document other than my latest CV.

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.