h1B reapply under bachelor when having valid h1b

kiran7887

Hi Attorney, please advice me on my case/issue asap.

My Current status is H1 b and it was stamped and is valid from 2013 oct to 2016 sep.

The current H1B was filed under Master Cap from a non- accredited university.

we heard H1b visas are getting denials who filed under master cap program from non-accredited universities during H1 B extensions/transfers or amendments.

My employer planning to reapply H1b on Bachelors degree, in order to avoid any complications in future

I've few questions: 

(1q)  Can i reapply for H1 B on Bachelors degree while i'm on valid H1b under masters cap which valid till 2016 sep?

concern : i'm currently staying in US under h1b, while re-applying for h1b under bachelor do i need change into other than H1 b status or move out of US and come only when h1 is approved.

(2q)  If it is possible to reapply do i need to go for H1 B stamping again ?

your feedback is highly appreciable.

Thanks advance.

My Current status is H1 b and it was stamped and is valid from 2013 oct to 2016 sep.
 we heard H1b visas are getting denials who filed under master cap program from non-accredited universities during H1 B extensions/transfers or amendments.

Forget about your future H1, your current H1 was approved by error. You need to see an attorney now.

(1q)  Can i reapply for H1 B on Bachelors degree while i'm on valid H1b under masters cap which valid till 2016 sep?

concern : i'm currently staying in US under h1b, while re-applying for h1b under bachelor do i need change into other than H1 b status or move out of US and come only when h1 is approved.

Reapplying is one possible option, but depending on the specific facts of your case there may be other preferable strategies. I do recommend that you consult with an attorney experienced in these issues as soon as possible. The Murthy Law Firm has several attorneys experienced in this issue. You may want to search the www.Murthy.com web site on the term "Master's cap" for a little more information, but again recommendations would depend on your specific situation.

Whether you need to leave depends on whether a second H-1B is approved with or without I-94. It is possible that you may not need to leave.

Try applying for H1B this year with a genuine employer .. and see how things fold out..

This is not about the employer. This is about using a degree from a for-profit institution for the Masters quota, which is not allowed.

The OP needs to talk with a good lawyer ASAP!

This is not about the employer. This is about using a degree from a for-profit institution for the Masters quota, which is not allowed.

The OP needs to talk with a good lawyer ASAP!

I don understand, it is not about employer... What I meant to say was try applying with an genuine employer with bachelors degree and see what happens

• 4 months later...

Hi Attorney, please advice me on my case/issue asap.

My employer planning to reapply H1b on Bachelors degree, in order to avoid any complications in future

I've few questions: 

your feedback is highly appreciable.

Thanks advance.

Hi Kiran,

I'm in the same situation. Can you please let me know what you did in your case? I would really appreciate if you can share your number with me. Here is  my email ID ***********@gmail.com

Thanks

Hi Kiran,

I'm in the same situation. Can you please let me know what you did in your case? I would really appreciate if you can share your number with me. Here is  my email ID ***********@gmail.com

Thanks

I suggest that you follow the recommendations given: Consult a good immigration lawyer.

Hi Kiran,

Thanks

You need to contact an attorney, his case might be different from yours.

Archived