Current I-94 with Extended I-797

swethavijay

I got my stamping done in india last month and visa expiry date is April 2014 and they gave stamping only till the current petition expiry date , which is April 2014. I travelled to US and got I94 at the port of entry valid only till April 2014.

At Chicago POE they didn't ask for my future petition which is valid till April 2015. My future petition was already approved before I travelled to india for stamping.

Can you please advise how to proceed further as my new I-94# going to expire in few weeks

1) Can I visit CBP office and ask them to have I-94 number issued until April 2015 ( my future petition date )
2) Travel out of country and show new H1 extension at port of entry

Thanks for your help

I got my stamping done in india last month and visa expiry date is April 2014 and they gave stamping only till the current petition expiry date , which is April 2014. I travelled to US and got I94 at the port of entry valid only till April 2014.

At Chicago POE they didn't ask for my future petition which is valid till April 2015. My future petition was already approved before I travelled to india for stamping.

Can you please advise how to proceed further as my new I-94# going to expire in few weeks

1) Can I visit CBP office and ask them to have I-94 number issued until April 2015 ( my future petition date )
2) Travel out of country and show new H1 extension at port of entry

Thanks for your help

Option 2.

Archived