How to count number of days on H-1B towards the 6 year period?

lostpacket

The basic rule of thumb I think is to count all the days you were physically present in US on H-1B.

The word physically is very important to me because I was a 221g victim due to which I was stuck in India for couple of times for durations of 11 and 2 months. This is more than a year.

During the 11 month period, I got paid US salary for first 6 months and no salary after that.

During the 2 month period, I got paid US salary.

My passport clearly shows the entry and exit dates showing I was out of country for 11 and 2 months.

1. Can I exclude these two durations in my 6 year period?
  2. What about vacations? I had 3 weeks of vacation when I was out of country. Can I exclude these days as well ?

Please reply.

The basic rule of thumb I think is to count all the days you were physically present in US on H-1B.

The word physically is very important to me because I was a 221g victim due to which I was stuck in India for couple of times for durations of 11 and 2 months. This is more than a year.

During the 11 month period, I got paid US salary for first 6 months and no salary after that.

During the 2 month period, I got paid US salary.

My passport clearly shows the entry and exit dates showing I was out of country for 11 and 2 months.

1. Can I exclude these two durations in my 6 year period?
  2. What about vacations? I had 3 weeks of vacation when I was out of country. Can I exclude these days as well ?

Please reply.

1. Yes.

2. Since you were out of US you can add those 3 weeks to recapture.

Archived