H1 visa stamping while close to expiring

visastruggler

Little background on my case: initially came here on H4 and then started my Masters and changed to F1 , got OPT and then H1 . After my first h4 stamping way back in 2008, I did not leave the country.I have been with my current employer since my OPT started and work on EVC model.

My current H1 expires by end of September 2014 and I plan to travel to India in the 2nd week of May and come back by end of May or early June. Now my questions are,

1)      As you know I need to get my visa stamped, Is it a risk to go to visa stamping in august when I have just about 4 months left on my H1?

2)      I am planning to file for premium processing of my extension. If the processing gets delayed for whatever additional information they want from the employer, Does it add any risk to my travel ?

3)      I have an option to file for H1 six months before my current H1 expires. If I go to Visa stamping, should I use my current H1 or my future H1 that I hope to get approved?

4)      In case I use my future H1, since I still have 4 months before it will start, will I be able to enter the US because my Visa stamping will be on my future H1 ( I think it is ok but want to hear a confirmation) 

Little background on my case: initially came here on H4 and then started my Masters and changed to F1 , got OPT and then H1 . After my first h4 stamping way back in 2008, I did not leave the country.I have been with my current employer since my OPT started and work on EVC model.

My current H1 expires by end of September 2014 and I plan to travel to India in the 2nd week of May and come back by end of May or early June. Now my questions are,

1)      As you know I need to get my visa stamped, Is it a risk to go to visa stamping in august when I have just about 4 months left on my H1?

2)      I am planning to file for premium processing of my extension. If the processing gets delayed for whatever additional information they want from the employer, Does it add any risk to my travel ?

3)      I have an option to file for H1 six months before my current H1 expires. If I go to Visa stamping, should I use my current H1 or my future H1 that I hope to get approved?

4)      In case I use my future H1, since I still have 4 months before it will start, will I be able to enter the US because my Visa stamping will be on my future H1 ( I think it is ok but want to hear a confirmation) 

1. No risk.

2. No.

3. If your H1B extension gets approved before your visa stamping show both I797s to VO and at POE.

4. Refer 3.

Archived