824 approved and next step is expected to take longer.

123rao

The  green card for mine was approved last year.

The  I824 application for my wife was  approved as part of the follow  to join process.

I cannot proceed to the next step since the dates for the EB2 category have been retrograded.

Is there any other visa/process that I can bring my wife to the country as they were expecting that there would be no forward movement of dates for the employment  EB2 visa category  pretty soon?

Experts please advise.

Thanks

Rao

"“Following-to-join” is convenient because it allows primary beneficiaries to do away with filing a separate I-130 for their spouse or child, greatly expediting the green card approval process. Furthermore, spouses and children of LPRs do not have to wait for a visa number to become available. Where a LPR’s spouse or child currently resides affects what procedures he/she needs to follow.

Spouse or child already in the United States

If your spouse and/or child are already in the United States, they may apply for adjustment of status (I-485) based on “following-to-join”.

If your spouse or child is outside of the United States

In this instance, LPRs need to inform a U.S. consulate of their lawful permanent residency status in order for their family members to apply for an immigrant visa.

A legal permanent resident who has family members living abroad can start the “following-to-join” process by submitting the following documents to the same USCIS office that took the most recent action on his/her case:

• Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition
  1. Copy of Form I-551, otherwise known as your green card
  2. Proof that your spouse/child is eligible for “following-to-join” benefits
  3. Copy of Form I-797, Notice of Action for the original petition
  4. Copy of the application for immigrant status
  • Aliens who have not yet adjusted status can simultaneously file Form I-824 and Form I-485. In this case, no other supporting documents other than those required for the I-485 are needed.

Once the I-824 is approved, USCIS will notify a U.S. consulate of a petitioner’s LPR status; at which point, family members can then apply for an immigrant visa. This then becomes a matter of consular processing."
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My wife lives abroad. 2 days ago my I-485 application was approved. Now, I am planning to apply to green card for her.

So, based on above discussion, I should prepare I-824 + copy of my Greencard + copy of my I-140 approval + copy of my I-485 approval + proof of marriage. is it right?

Also, what a kind of proof is accepted by USCIS?

Your kind reply is highly appreciated in advance.

• 1 year later...

Archived