Need info on H1 and H4 transfer

lausername

Hi All,

I have a valid H1, I-94, and visa stamped with company A until September 2015. Company B will be doing a H1 transfer.
  1. When should I inform company A regarding my resignation and transfer?
  2. Do I need any approvals from company A for my transfer?
  3. What is the best time to inform company A either before submitting all documents for company B transfer or after all the transfer process has been completed.

My wife also has a valid H4 visa stamped until Sep 2015.

My wife is in India now. My wife will come back to the US on October 2014, after the H1 transfer. 

4. Can my wife come back to the US, with H4 visa stamp of company A, and I-797 (H1) of employer B. Will she get a new I-94 at the port of entry with out any problems? or Do i need to do any other procedure with employer B with respective to my wife's  H4 visa.

Please guide me and let me know your suggestions.

Many Thanks in Advance,

Hi All,

I have a valid H1, I-94, and visa stamped with company A until September 2015. Company B will be doing a H1 transfer.
  1. When should I inform company A regarding my resignation and transfer?
  2. Do I need any approvals from company A for my transfer?
  3. What is the best time to inform company A either before submitting all documents for company B transfer or after all the transfer process has been completed.

My wife also has a valid H4 visa stamped until Sep 2015.

My wife is in India now. My wife will come back to the US on October 2014, after the H1 transfer. 

4. Can my wife come back to the US, with H4 visa stamp of company A, and I-797 (H1) of employer B. Will she get a new I-94 at the port of entry with out any problems? or Do i need to do any other procedure with employer B with respective to my wife's  H4 visa.

Please guide me and let me know your suggestions.

Many Thanks in Advance,

1. Check your contract or offer letter and it would have the required notice period.

2. Refer 1.

3. After H1B petition with company B is approved.

4. Your spouse can travel with valid H4 visa. But, if you have joined company B then she needs a copy of your new I797.

Archived