Surrogacy in India

vidya.vn

Hi,

My husband and I are in the US and our greencard is currently under process, We have not got the greencard yet. We would like to perform surrogacy in India as we both are Indians and its affordable there. Would there be a problem bringing the children to this country once they are born. Please advise what complications we might encounter.

Thanks,

Vidya

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

My husband and I are also in the same boat. From the information we have gathered so far, it looks like it is leal and possible for Indian citizens to go in for surrogacy in India. Obviously, a gay couple is not recognised as such, but a single Indian citizen can go in for surrogacy. The birth certiicate would mention the genetic father's name, and the mother's name would be empty - that process seems to be straight-forward. I am in the process of finding out the details regarding getting the Indian passport for the baby/babies. I have also contacted the immigration firm in the company I am working or, to ask about the H-4 dependent visa for the baby, once it has the Indian passport.

@VV1, since we seem to be in similar situation, it might be a good idea to exchange emails, so that we have more information/support during teh process.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I have the similar issue - we are green card holders and planning to go for surrogacy in India. Could you please let me know what information you were able to gather regarding the status of the baby and how we can get the baby to USA.

Any info you can provide will be very helpful to us.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello,

My husband and I are also in the same boat. From the information we have gathered so far, it looks like it is leal and possible for Indian citizens to go in for surrogacy in India. Obviously, a gay couple is not recognised as such, but a single Indian citizen can go in for surrogacy. The birth certiicate would mention the genetic father's name, and the mother's name would be empty - that process seems to be straight-forward. I am in the process of finding out the details regarding getting the Indian passport for the baby/babies. I have also contacted the immigration firm in the company I am working or, to ask about the H-4 dependent visa for the baby, once it has the Indian passport.

@VV1, since we seem to be in similar situation, it might be a good idea to exchange emails, so that we have more information/support during teh process.

Did you get any solution to this

• 4 years later...

Hi, can you update about your situation?

• H

Archived