For anyone doing stamping in Canada

scorpion79

Guys,

I had my successful visa stamping at Toronto, Canada on Feb 24th and am still waiting for my passport to be delivered. The status on ceac website shows "issued" on Feb 26th however I have not received any email for pickup yet. This is very frustrating and I just got to know that the passport can be picked up at the consulate also between 3pm-4pm on 2nd business day after interview.

The main thing is not all vo give you an option to pickup so you have to tell them that you will pickup from consulate instead of loomis branch even though DS160 has loomis pickup. I was at the consulate today to check my status and saw many people in line to pickup passports. The vo issues a sticker after interview which has to be brought for passport pickup at the counter. Hope this helps anyone who is going to canada for stamping as I am really frustrated waiting for passport and don't want other people to suffer as me.

This iwas my 2nd stamping in Canada and the first one was in 2011 in which I had got the passport from loomis in 2 business days. If anyone has any idea on when should I expect email from loomis please let me know.

Thanks,

Dushyant

Good point. I picked my passport in Toronto on the 1st business day after stamping at 3pm. There is one guy who gives us a blue folder right after security check. When i enquired with him aoubt the possibility of picking up the passport at the consulate, he said "that is not an option". So i kind of made up my mind not to ask the VO about about a up.

Luckily In my case VO himself gave me the option and i accepted and he gave me the red sticker.

Good point. I picked my passport in Toronto on the 1st business day after stamping at 3pm. There is one guy who gives us a blue folder right after security check. When i enquired with him aoubt the possibility of picking up the passport at the consulate, he said "that is not an option". So i kind of made up my mind not to ask the VO about about a up.

Luckily In my case VO himself gave me the option and i accepted and he gave me the red sticker.

Lucky you man..I am still waiting and 4th business day is technically over. I am hoping something to happen tonight else it would be monday for me and will be stuck here for another 3 days. Hope to get it soon..

Archived