L2 to H1

lucky2014

Hi all

Presently I am on L2. I am thinking to apply H1 this year april. My husband also applying for H1. If H1 is approved for my husband, he wants to start on H1 in jan 2015. If my H1 also got approved can I stay on L2 till my husband changes is visa status? Or it is automatically applicable from oct 1. Please reply.

Thanks

Hi all

Presently I am on L2. I am thinking to apply H1 this year april. My husband also applying for H1. If H1 is approved for my husband, he wants to start on H1 in jan 2015. If my H1 also got approved can I stay on L2 till my husband changes is visa status? Or it is automatically applicable from oct 1. Please reply.

Thanks

Your spouse's employer can apply for a H1B with a later start date than Oct 1st. If that is approved then you will be on L2 status till H1B start date.

Hi all

Presently I am on L2. I am thinking to apply H1 this year april. My husband also applying for H1. If H1 is approved for my husband, he wants to start on H1 in jan 2015.

H1 applications can only be filed up to 6 months before the desired start date.

That would mean that the H1 application could only be filed in July, but the quota is likely to be full at that time.

You guys need to reconsider things.

Sorry. If an employer files a H1 on April,1 without COS the H1 petitions can be approved. The only way to work is to leave and return with a H1 visa at the appropriate time. You can have a H1 petition approved on APril,1 and start work after 2 years after getting the H1 visa. the H1 application can be filed in April and they can start work next year.

Archived