What happens to pending I-485 if I quit my sponsor and leave USA?


Recommended Posts

Hi all,


1. Can some one comment on how a pending I-485 is treated if I leave the country after quitting my sponsoring employer? I have received my EAD which is valid for one more year.


2. Is there any way I can maintain the GC application while outside the country?






Link to comment

Quiting your sponsoring employer and leaving the U.S. will abandon your I-485 adjustment of status application.  There are some limited circumstances to continue your permanent residency (green card) process outside of the U.S. (which would require changing to consular processing), but they would still require your sponsoring employer.


You may want to consult with a qualified, experienced immigration attorney to understand and assess your options before taking any actions.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.