Question:VISA stamping required if I change employer?


Recommended Posts

Say If I have my H1 B visa (Stamping DONE) for 3 years and  if I change my employer later within those 3 years, Should I again go for getting my VISA Stamped with the new employer?

Please give any info you know.



If you are in US there is no need to go for stamping if an I94 is attached to your new I797.

Link to comment

While an I-797 H1B Approval Notice is tied to a particular employer, an H1B visa stamp is tied to the status. Thus, generally as long as an individual possesses a valid H1B visa in their passport it is not necessary to obtain a new H1B visa when traveling abroad simply because there has been change in H1B employment. In the aforementioned instance, it is advisable for an individual to carry with them the new I-797 Approval Notice, copy of the approved petition, and evidence of continuing employment pursuant to the approved petition when entering the U.S. after travel abroad.  Please note however, there are some limitations to visa flexibility in certain circumstances. Please contact a qualified U.S. immigration attorney with any other questions.         

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.