Did anyone took bus from US to Canada ?

shortduck

Wanted to know how does the immigration work? On the border do all the people come out of the bus so that the US immigration can check the status ?

Thanks

Actually I came by bus from Vancouver to Seattle last time when I went for H1b stamping as flight tickets were very cheap from Seattle to my place.

Its very simple. They will just ask you get down from the bus and you have to go through immigration check. Your bags will be scanned and your passport will be stamped. While coming back they will issue a new I94. I think now I94 is all online and there is no slip for I94. Good luck shortduck :)

Wanted to know how does the immigration work? On the border do all the people come out of the bus so that the US immigration can check the status ?

Thanks

The process is similar to what you do after getting down at the airport in a different country. Immigration Check(they will scan your luggage and stamp your passport)----> then get back on to the bus. Your I94 will be cancelled and a new I94 will be given while coming back from Canada to USA at port of entry.

Archived